A slip and fall accident happens every day especially at a fast-food restaurant like McDonald’s. Since it is a normal incident, how will you be able to find out if a particular slip and fall accident constitutes a lawsuit? Well, there are guidelines that should be met in order to qualify a lawsuit and those guidelines can be best explained to you by a lawyer specializing in personal injury cases.
Injuries After a Slip and Fall Accident
A slip and fall accident takes place when a person slips and falls on a private property or business property and sustained injuries afterwards. Now, there are grounds for filing a slip and fall lawsuit. For an instance, the victim needs to prove to the court that the accident happened because the property or business owner has not done his part in maintaining his property and keeping it safe for everyone. If there is really negligence, then the victim has the right to be compensated. The types of compensation to be received vary depending on the nature and extent of the injury.
The victim has the right to be compensated for the following:
- Medical bills/hospitalization
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of wages/loss of potential income
- Inability to live life to the fullest
If you have been a victim of a slip and fall accident secondary to someone’s negligence, then consulting a personal injury lawyer is the best decision you can ever make. The lawyer will thoroughly evaluate your case and determine whether you are eligible to receive compensation for the damages. The lawyer will also give advice as to what steps to undertake and determine whether your case is worth pursuing or not.
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer do For You?
- The lawyer will study your case and determine whether there are really grounds for a slip and fall lawsuit.
- The lawyer will do all the necessary legwork such as collecting evidence, interviewing the people who have witnessed the accident firsthand, filing and presenting the necessary documents to the court, and will do all the arrangements and negotiations when deemed necessary.
- The personal injury lawyer will use his negotiating skills for you to get the maximum settlement amount. If both parties do not come up with amicable settlement, then the lawyer will take the next big step and that is to file the case to the court.
What to Keep in Mind?
Slip and fall accident may sound like a normal incident that could happen anytime. However, if you sustained severe injuries, then you probably need to go to the hospital, be absent from work, and endure the pain and suffering caused by the accident. Your immediate family will be affected too, especially if you are the breadwinner of the family. Speaking with a lawyer from iamhurt.ca right after a slip and fall accident can surely make a huge difference in your life. Make sure you get adequate representation to increase your chance of receiving fair and just compensation. Keep in mind that there is a statute of limitation, which can greatly affect the merit of your case. Do the right thing and hire a McDonald’s injury attorney as soon as possible. A personal injury attorney would be the best lawyer for your needs.